My SiteMy BlogMy email

 


CHEZ MUI
Blog of my bro
BLOG YOURSELF
The blog of my (fully appreciated) digital design prof
AMANI'S WORLD
A big Japan fan with a big dream
ABED HAMDAN LIFE
A "7afartaly" Blog
JORDAN WATCH
Batir explains it all!
THE BLACK IRIS
The virtual home of Nas
JORDAN, I WILL BE BACK
Jordanian-pride blog of Mohanned
MOEY HYPERVENTILATING
Blogging from Amman
SUGAR CUBES
The blog of a Jordanian-Palestinian Muslim girl
HALWASAT HAMEDE
If everything seems to be going well...
IBRAHIM'S OBSERVATORY
Here he locates all what pass by him… and all what he passes by
ONE PIECE WORLD
Blog of Japan-lover and JUST-CS-student Ahmad Akour ;)
JUST
Link to my university
 
A proud member of:
- Jordan Blogs  
- Qwaider Planet  
- Jordan's Free Voices  
- Sawtona

 

 

Foxkeh

 

Powered by Blogger

This blog is TOTALLY designed by me.

 

 


Saturday, July 14, 2007

A quick attempt to google "Jihad Barbie" will split out several pictures of an attractive Barbie doll wearing an explosive belt full of dynamite, in another photo an elegant ladies bag hold by Barbie is full of nails while a detonator is highlighted, the photos are not so different from real commercial campaigns of the American fashion doll...

I know what you are going to ask: why are you searching for "Jihad Barbie" in Google? Good question, in reality I was browsing one of the "funny pictures" sites, and the previous image was tagged as Palestine Barbie!!

Personally, I have not found it funny, at contrary they're somehow sad, the title itself is offensive as it tries to depict all Palestinians as suicide bombers, the things are even worse when these images are connected (in a cynic way) with real life situation, in fact, I was looking at how some persons use these pictures in favor of their anti-Islamic political views, the previous Google search revealed some neo-cons blogs, other results connect the pictures, in a totally illogical way, to Fulla; the Arabic doll wearing hijab, loved by millions of Muslim girls but seen as "sign of submission" by others.

Anyway, these childlike pictures are powerful, the addition of the dynamite turned Barbie -an icon of the American culture- to our more terrific enemy: the suicide bomber. Yes, Barbie our feminine icon of the western woman, daughter or mother became our scariest nightmare… and I still try to find something funny.

Labels: ,

You know this really makes me sick! I was just out shoppign and I stopped to take some pictures of barbies as I'm really obsessed with them. But after this, I don't know what to do with them. Seems like nothing is innocent anymore in this world

"cut off a head for aljazeera"
:)

Leave us kids alone.

Post a Comment

<<Home