My SiteMy BlogMy email

 


CHEZ MUI
Blog of my bro
BLOG YOURSELF
The blog of my (fully appreciated) digital design prof
AMANI'S WORLD
A big Japan fan with a big dream
ABED HAMDAN LIFE
A "7afartaly" Blog
JORDAN WATCH
Batir explains it all!
THE BLACK IRIS
The virtual home of Nas
JORDAN, I WILL BE BACK
Jordanian-pride blog of Mohanned
MOEY HYPERVENTILATING
Blogging from Amman
SUGAR CUBES
The blog of a Jordanian-Palestinian Muslim girl
HALWASAT HAMEDE
If everything seems to be going well...
IBRAHIM'S OBSERVATORY
Here he locates all what pass by him… and all what he passes by
ONE PIECE WORLD
Blog of Japan-lover and JUST-CS-student Ahmad Akour ;)
JUST
Link to my university
 
A proud member of:
- Jordan Blogs  
- Qwaider Planet  
- Jordan's Free Voices  
- Sawtona

 

 

Foxkeh

 

Powered by Blogger

This blog is TOTALLY designed by me.

 

 


Monday, January 15, 2007

If you open your email account, probably you'll find it full of spam, a recent study basically affirmed what we all know: 90 percent of incoming mails are received from unknown persons.

my phone :)People have become more familiar with spam, multi-gigabytes-accounts and several filters have made dealing with this enormous problem easier and friendlier, however I noticed lately an impressive amount of messages I've received on my mobile phone from different sources… is that the beginning of a new phenomenon? Can we say these are "SMS spam"?

Some of them are sent from Fastlink (since I'm a Fastlink subscriber) they (nicely) inform you of special offers, tariffs, reduced prices, subscriptions and a hundred of other things…

A new electronic card charged with 1.65 JD is sold at 1.99JD (Taxes included) (4/11/2006)
We pay your tax! Charge your phone account before 14/11 and you'll get up to 20% free (11/11/2006)

I was told that I'm more fortunate than Mobilecom subscribers; they're blasted with such messages at 2 o'clock (night). Then, there are the patriotic messages: Jordan 1st, in memoriam of Amman bombings martyrs, vote for Petra! …

Advertising on mobile phones is being more evident and it seems very useful... Yes, now on my Nokia I have different methods for winning a Chevrolet, or 10000 JD (I have to participate in 5/5 – a TV program) and more important, I know how I can change my life using Feng Shui. (I'm serious; all these things are on my phone!).

There are also the "Islamic" messages, I remember one about the war in Somalia and how we should pray for combatants and mujahedeen, it was very popular on the Eid. But the most upsetting was the one I've got yesterday, typically Jordanian, this is its text:

The Danish drawer that offended our beloved prophet (PBUH) died in fire. Share this message now because his government tries to conceal this information.

Labels: